Aegir CMS Project has started
Sep 13th 2002 -- The Aegir CMS project has been started by a global group of volunteers over continuing the development of the Nadmin Studio Content Management System.
The main goals of the new Open Source project are:
- Consolidation of all features from different Nadmin Studio branches into one release
- Better security and concurrent development support by implementing the common NemeinAuthentication and NemeinRCS libraries
- Continued development of critical Content Management features
- Making the interface faster by removing redundant code and heavy HTML
- Making Aegir CMS fit better the general Open Source environment by utilizing Midgard colors and GNOME stock icons
- Providing better localization support by using gettext
New volunteers are welcome to the project. The old code base is somewhat complex but has already been cleaned greatly by project participants.
Aegir CMS development team