Aegir CMS was ported to use the NemeinLocalization library for translations. This feature is available from Aegir CMS 1.0 beta3 onwards.
Once this release is out it will be easy to translate Aegir CMS to new languages:
- If your language is not configured into Aegir, it needs
to be added to snippet /NemeinLocalization/init array
$nemeinlocalization_languages. The format is the following:
"Polish" => Array ("library" => "pl", "locale" => "pl_PL",
"localname" => "Polski", "encoding" => "ISO-8859-2"),
Please send this line to us so we can include it to the
- Once language is configured in, just log in as admin and
go to Front page -> configuration -> translation tool and
select your language
- You will be presented with the localization editor. Translate
all strings and commit the changes
- Once the translation is complete you need to enable it
as selection in Aegir. For this, again edit snippet
/AegirCore/lib/localization array $nemeinlocalization_available
The format is the following:
We will make the same addition in Aegir once your complete
language library is added into the Aegir distribution
- Choose the language from Front page -> configuration ->
language, and test the translation thoroughly.
- Once the translation is complete send it to us in repligard
package for inclusion into the main distribution:
- Check the database ID for snippetdir /AegirCore/Localization/AegirCore/mylang
- Export that language with repligard
- Send the exported package to us or nadmin-dev
- Aegir CMS is available in your local language!
After this the language library needs to be kept updated
with new Aegir releases. We will start making prereleases
of Aegir available for all translators so that they have
time to translate all new strings before actual release.